Saturday, July 18, 2009

Catching Up...

Since we have moved to our new place we have had no internet, so I haven't posted in a while. So, here is a post attempting to catch you all up on the recent festivities.
Nora celebrated her first holiday, the 4th of July. We woke her up early to take her to the annual neighborhood breakfast in my parents neighborhood, then we went to lunch with the fam, had a bbq for dinner with the fam and cousins Jeff and Andrew, went to our place for homemade icecream and for Nate to put on his firework show in the front road, and then to the end of the street for the Sugarhouse fireworks (as you can imagine Nora was quite tired by this time and her and I stayed home from the big fireworks). So, after seeing how tired and crabby Nora got after such a full day you think I would have learned my lesson, but oh no on Thursday night we took her to an 8 o'clock showing of Harry Potter (after not having a nap all day) which she slept through, but then thought she should be awake for a while when we got home so she stayed up until 1:30 and then decided to rise and shine early at 6 a.m. (which is weird for her since she usually sleeps until 7 at least). Wow, I was tired, but I decided I would much rather be tired and take Nora on all my adventures than miss out.
On the growing status of my sweet Nora Ruth, she has officially graduated from size 1 diapers and we think she is wieghing close to 12-13lbs by now. She is 3 1/2 months and I dont know where the time has gone! She is so close to rolling over and really wants to sit up all the time. When we lay her on the ground she screams so we have come to love our bumbo seat and perching her up in the corners of couches. It is really funny but sad to see how much she struggles to sit up in her carseat. Its not as upright as she would like so she lifts her body as hard as she can but she is 5 point hernessed in so she just gets all red in the face and finally gives in and lays back all worn out. She is also sadly rubbing a bald spot on the back of her head so now her long har in the back looks even more like a mullet.
In random news...we have enjoyed having the space of our new house but really miss our old ward! I recently decided to be crafty and painted letters to spell Nora and had Aaron hang them on her nursery wall. Aaron finishes school in 3 weeks and we couldn't be more excited! Oh and if anyone is interested we have a bike for sale that we are trying to get rid of to pay off some student loans...so if you need a new bike let me know and i'll get you the info.
Thats all for now, enjoy the pics. Love y'all

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I love it! We missed you at the girls' night. We'll have to do it again, even though I'm moving away today :(.

How's the new place?