Monday, December 7, 2009

Our 8 Month Old Ballerina



Nora,

When I tell people you are 8 months old now, it is hard for me to believe I am telling the truth. I don't know where the time has gone! You are so beautiful and have been developing the funnest personality. This past month you learned to crawl, which is a blessing and a curse. It is hard to keep picking you up out of trouble. For some reason you would rather play with cords and dirty shoes than your own toys. But it is very fun to see you more mobile and exploring your world. The mobility is also wearing you out, so you have been taking excellent naps! I wondered if you would ever start taking naps, and finally around 7 1/2 months you became an excellent nap-taking baby. I can even just lay you down sometimes and you will settle yourself down and fall asleep on your own! Thanks for making a little less of a frazzled mom.


This month you also tried many foods for the first time. Last night it was a roll, which you loved just like Aunt Courtney. On Thanksgiving it was a dill pickle, which you loved just like your mom. And you also love to sip my seltzer water, even though you make funny faces while doing it.


You have also learned to pull yourself to standing in the crib. I think you will be walking sooner than later since you love to stand. Sometimes when we try and sit you down with toys you go rigid and refuse to bend your legs. I am seeing that you might be stubborn like your mom.


I am sorry Nora, that this is as much of a journal as you are going to get. I have filled out your baby book, but think that it is just too unrealistic of me to believe that I will write in a journal too. Although, I will have all of these posts put into a book one day for you to look back and read.


We love you Nora, and love watching you grow and learn. Never forget how much Dad and I and your Heavenly Father love you!


Love, Mom

No comments: