Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Nora,
You turned 1 yesterday and it is very surreal to me. I can't believe just over a year ago we didn't even know what you looked like...and now you are here and the most beautiful girl ever! This past month you have learned how to moo (while wearing your thrift store cow jammies), meow, woof, quack, say hi, say bye, say mama, dada, nana (banana), and papa. We let you cry yourslef to sleep and after only 2 days and 25 min, you got it. You now sleep from 8-8 and take a nap!!

Today I took you to your 1 year old well-baby visit. You weigh in at 22 lbs. 7 oz. and are 29 3/4 inches long. I can't believe how smart you are too! Today Wayne, your pediatrician, said you got "bonus points" for being so advanced at 12 months.

You also blew us all away yesterday at your birthday party when you decided that you were old enough now to give up crawling and walk full-time. (You took your 1st steps on March 13th, but you still preferred crawling) I think it was a mixture of you knowing you are 1, and seeing cute Elliot walking...I think you were a little jealous!

This month we also started trying out cloth diapers. I am looving them, and I am sure you are too since they are like heaven on your butt...Dad needs more convincing.

Your Dad and I love you so much Nora! We hope that this next year brings you much happiness and joy. You are just a special spirit and daughter and we are the most blessed parents to be able to have you in our home. Happy Birthday sweet girl.
Live your life and love it!
We love you bugs!
Mom and Dad

1 comment:

Micah said...

I can't believe she is a year old already! I feel like we were just at the Jasmine and you told us you were expecting. I'm sorry we were so lame and couldn't make it for her big day! We love you guys!