Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wise Daddy Boyd

My Dad is full of clever one liners that we were told as kids. Today 2 have been popping in my mind in particular. So...in the words of wise Boyd:
"Life's tough and then you die."
"Some days are like that, even in Australia."
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my life and my family, but some days it's hard to be a sane wife/mother.
Here are a few things that have got me through today and I am uber grateful for:
Medela Harmony Breast Pump

Aden and Anias swaddle blankets....BEST BLANKETS EVER!

Girl Scout Cookies!!!And of course my girls, Tootsie and Bubba!

3 comments:

Me said...

Hang in there!! I promise it gets easier (like I'm some expert!) Some days you'll feel totally on top of it and other days you'll fall flat on your face. Its ok! I still fall flat on my face (at least once a day.) You are doing fantastic. Your girls are so so so cute and growing and happy. Its the small things :)

Lisonbee said...

My mom just shipped me girls scout cookies and I tell ya what....they really can help you get through those rough days. I was very grumpy the other day and C said "Mom you need a time out you are too grumpy" I look at her - laughed - and then went and laid on the couch. Did you see the blog of mine that I vent to about my parenthood struggles?
confessionsofapossiblyperfectparent.blogspot.com

we are never alone in this daily struggle we call motherhood! your girls are beautiful!

Kimerly said...

I can't believe dad got the credit for the Australia comment. That's from the book that I used to read to you: "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day." You are an awesome mommy! Just remember to keep some cookies around....or embarassed to say....diet coke, for the worst days! love, mom