Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Late Night List.

This is what my mind does at 1:30 a.m. while laying on the couch with toilet paper stuffed up my nose battling a nasty head cold and praying my kids will stop waking up all night and get some sleep so at least one of us will be rested in the morning.

Things I Took For Granted Before Birthing Babies:

1. Calling in to work when you are sick and being able to recover on the couch.
2. Taking showers with out a kid in with you or a hubby yelling through the bathroom door in search of baby wipes.
3. Being able to go to sleep at night without estimating how many hours it will be before you will get awakened with screams.
4. Being able to wear an outfit for an entire day without getting it dirty.
5. Only having to do laundry once a week.
6. Drinking Diet Coke for pleasure, not out of necessity.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I know those nights. So sorry. Hope that you feel better. Kids are worth it, right? That's what I have to remind myself when I have rough times. You're awesome!