Wednesday, January 27, 2010

She Might Be Right

To be quite honest I sometimes hate taking my moms advice, because I know she is right...I just want to believe that I am right, so I am stubborn about listening. We recently agreed that when you are helping other people you worry about your own problems less and therefore are happier. So if any of you need help PLEASE ask, so I can stop wallowing in self pity. Also, my mom keeps a gratitude journal, which I should do but who am I kidding, I am way too lazy. So in an attempt to end this day on a better note here are a few things I am grateful for today:



  • I am grateful for Aaron and Nora and the rest of my family!

  • I am happy that Nathan can always make me laugh by calling Nora "Her Highness" and by pretending he doesn't like her around...even though he really loves her.

  • I am grateful for Valentine's candy to help me feel better, even if it is breaking my diet plan.
  • I am grateful for my husbands sweatpants and that he lets me wear them to bed, even though I have my own.
  • I am grateful for new glasses after over a year of only having contacts.
  • I am grateful that Nora's 2 top teeth are almost through, and that I had a coupon for baby Motrin.
  • I am excited that tomorrow is Thursday and my hubby is going to babysit while I go play bunko!
  • I am grateful that it is almost bed time and that Nora went to bed at 6:30 so I could chilax.
  • I am grateful that my mom switched her flight home from Hawaii so she will be coming home a day earlier, Yay!
  • I am grateful for my in-laws who are always willing to babysit for free.
  • I am the most grateful today for being Nora's mom. I recently read on my very wise cousins blog to never forget that our kids need us. They may be testing our patience and we may be exhausted, but they need us and to know that I have Nora who needs me and that my Heavenly Father chose me to be her mom, makes everything else worth it!

No comments: